Thirty, the age most women dread.
“Twenty nine and holding” they say. Well maybe it’s because I am a man, or maybe it’s because I believe that age really is just a number, but I am excited! Every year I have spent on this earth has been better than the previous. I meet more great people, have deeper experiences, and feel more connected to who I am.
With that said, there have definitely been some rough spots, setbacks, and times of doubt. I didn’t always live with intention, love myself, or CHOOSE my life path, but I have always been a lover of life. Something deep within me -probably my intuition- has always whispered “keep going, you got this.”
Everything I have learned has been taken from either an experience I have had, a conversation with someone, or listening to that voice deep within.
I want to say thank you to everyone that has shared my journey the past thirty years; from the random strangers on planes, to my closest friends and family, you have ALL taught me something.
Here are 30 things (in no particular order) I have learned…
- The faster I forgive, the happier I am
- Experiencing someone else’s perspective is the quickest way to shift my own
- Love is the strongest force in the world
- The more I give, the more I receive
- Developing excellent communication skills is paramount
- Keep learning!
- Take action on what I learn. Less talk, more action.
- Stepping out of my comfort zone produces amazing results!
- Everyone has their own unique truth…find it!
- Let myself fall in love with life and everyone I meet along my journey
- Never compare my journey to someone else’s
- Be vulnerable
- Listen to my heart more than my head
- Meditation has shifted my life more than anything else
- Surround myself with supportive, positive people who push me to be my best
- Find people who have something I want and study them
- Be present, NOW is all that exists
- Be compassionate towards others
- Love myself FIRST
- Cultivate an unstoppable mindset
- We all have a ceiling, push through it and expand
- Awareness is the first step to change
- Give unconditionally
- Pay it forward
- Spend 99% of time in the present moment; the other 1% is for reflection and goal setting
- I regret the things I didn’t do WAY more than the things I did. Do it!
- Have an unshakable belief in SELF
- Have FUN. In the end you’ll be happy you did.
- Happiness is a choice. Choose to be happy now, don’t wait on external circumstances!
- Failure doesn’t exist unless I quit. Don’t stop, keep going.